This year Aunt Julianna came up to take the kids trick or treating. Hannah was the one and only Barbie Fairytopia Princess Elina and little Luke was just a plain ol' pumpkin. Hannah chose this get-up after I ordered the movie on cable one afternoon this past summer. She's been fascinated with the character ever since - glad she doesn't realize it's "so 5 years ago".
So we started the evening off with pizza (yes, I did use up 15 weight watchers points) . Then Juli helped Hannah with her makeup (if you see a pink lipstick 'x' on the forehead...well, let's just say that is supposed to be Barbie's hair). The kids enjoyed the stroll around the neighborhood in the wagon. Luke was fussy and ready for bed by 7 pm so Michael and I took him home. Juli took Hannah to a few more houses, but they got a little turned around (lost!) and called home for us to pick them up. Stupid me didn't realize Michael's car was parked behind mine (he always parks out front) and of course I back up into his car. I think this is accident #4 in the driveway since we've been married. I've really got to work on that! Anyway, we retrieved Hannah and Juli safe and sound. We watched Hannah spend an hour or so sorting, counting and admiring her loot. And the cars? We haven't quite figured out what to do about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment