Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mid March Already?

It's hard to believe that Spring is here and March is half way over!

Hannah's on a new soccer team this season - the Angels. Our former team, the Ladybugs, played the Angels last season and they must have scored at least 10 goals on the Ladybugs. We were all impressed with their well planned and executed plays. Well, come to find out, Michael used to play basketball with the Angel's assistant coach. Once we heard that our Ladybug team was not intact for 2010 we requested to be put on the Angels and now we are learning some real soccer skills! Hannah, #9, scored two goals last Saturday. She is super competitive, fast and aggressive and her south paw comes in handy. She's doing a lot better with her drills and controlling the ball, thanks to her great coaches, Coach Steve and Coach Brad.






Team huddle. My favorite cheer they say at practice is "Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working very hard!"

Michael turned 32 on March 11th. Glad we are the same age again...he always teases me that I'm older. For his birthday we went to Open House at Hannah's school, ate at Bar-be-cuties and then had cake and ice cream at home. Michael is so funny, he loves a good birthday cake so every year I ask him what he wants. We try to change it up - I've baked cakes from scratch - these usually turn out tasty but it just takes so much time and stresses me out. I've made box cakes, purchased ice cream cakes, and made cupcakes. This year he wanted a carrot cake from a bakery. There is a little place by our house that has delicious cake balls, so I thought, surely they can make a decent carrot cake. Of course I waited until the last minute and ordered the cake the day before. The owner of the bakery was super nice and said she could whip one up in the morning for me. I was a little apprehensive but relieved it was taken care of and just hopeful it would be yummy. The next day I pick up the cake, and it looks cute. I would have done without the fake balloon decoration, but so far so good. Even Luke was excited, saying "Daddy cake" all day. When it was time to eat, we just had to laugh and poke fun. There was no denying it, it was a perfect copycat box cake from Duncan Hines. Disappointing but at least we had a good laugh. We sent the cake to Newark Electronics (Michael's work) the next day. Oh well! You win some, you lose some.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL! I've been so blessed to share the last 12 birthdays with you. Thanks for being the best partner, friend and father I could have hoped for. ILY.

The bakery cake - looks good, takes like boxed

Birthday cards

Hannah showing us her draft book and other projects


It's amazing how much they learn the first year of school!

No comments: