Michael turned 35 on 3/11 and we had a fun week of celebrations starting with a visit from Michael's parents and ending with date night. He's really into making smoothies and shakes and is always experimenting with recipes. So for his gift I wanted to incorporate the healthy element and decided on a spring/planting theme. We painted flower pots with chalkboard paint and planted herbs. We also started a garden - something we have been wanting to do for several years. We planted pumpkins (Luke insisted b/c his cousin grows them), cucumbers, peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes, carrots and strawberries. So far everything is alive so we are optimistic! It's been fun to let the kids be a part of the process. They are learning how to care for the earth, Hannah gets to experience the plant life cycle first-hand (3rd grade science), Luke gets excited to see the plants grow larger and of course, Ryan is all about playing in the dirt. :) I had plans to buy Michael a new grill since ours is showing it's age, but we decided to hold off. He ended up ordering an an iPod you can use while swimming. Isn't it nice when they can pick out exactly what they want and order it themselves? Yes!
We are so grateful to have Michael as our "head of household" - he guides, provides, loves, counsels, contributes and does it all with a smile on his face, never complaining. I can best describe him as wise, easy-going, and strong.
Hannah and Grandma baked him a cake!
Michael ordered corvino at Season's 52. His comment was "That's going to be awesome!"
Our little garden the day we planted it...
Thanks, Michael for everything! We wish you all the best in the coming year and look forward to many more loving memories. I hope I remember to show you this post - a social media/blogger person you are NOT! Ha ha...just one of the many things I love about you. Happy 35th!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment