Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Heroes for Children 5K


Julie, Wayne, Hannah, me, Michael, Jason, Justin and Luke

Last weekend we participated in the HFC 5K race. Michael ran it and finished in about 31 minutes, and the rest of us walked it in about 55 minutes (with a .3 mile shortcut). Although it was misty and muggy, the rain held off and it was a great morning! Luke surprised me and was content the entire way. Hannah made it through although we experienced quite a bit of complaining starting at 1.2 miles. She wasted tons of energy sprinting ahead then running back to us. At one point I had her on my back while pushing the stroller. Thanks to Julie for pushing Luke a lot of the way so I could keep Hannah motivated to continue. Beautiful pictures of the children that are battling cancer were posted along the route. Hannah and I talked about how these kids are sick and how we were walking for their cause. She had a lot of questions, but I think she had a sense of the purpose. The organization raised over $40,000 to assist these childrens' families. Check out the site for more info: http://www.heroesforchildren.org/

No comments: