
Soccer season is here. We had the privilege of joining the Ladybugs team. They are the cutest group of girls ever! I love how they all bunch up trying to kick the ball but no one does so very aggressively. Then they laugh and goof off in between plays. So funny to watch.
Michael wanted Hannah to wait until she was 5 to play (didn't think she would get much out of it before then) so I know he's excited to see her out there. I, on the other hand, have never played a game of soccer outside of the playground so this is new territory.
Our first game was last Saturday. Obviously Hannah was not familiar enough with the rules. Several times she would run out and kick the ball when not her turn. We also witnessed her trying to score after the whistle was blown, run off the field to get a drink whenever she wanted and move the ball down the field the wrong way.
Poor baby got hit by the ball in the chest her first time out. We had a few tears but we think it hurt her pride more than anything else. Michael did a great job encouraging her back out. All in all she seemed to have a fun time. She is a speedy little girl, but then again she has always been fast and furious.
I enjoy seeing a few good friends every week, but don't enjoy chasing Luke all around Celebration Park. Kinda feels like I could be a soccer mom. :)
Kick off with teammates Ani and Morgan G
1 comment:
We love it that Hannah is a Ladybug!
Post a Comment