Here is a recap a few of the funny things that have happened so far this week.
TUESDAY:
At the chaotic camp pick up time, Hannah shows me her craft for the day. It's a little bottle filled with colored sand layered in a pattern. I told her to go back in and get her back pack - so she hands me all of her stuff. At the same time, Luke takes off down the hall to check out the hand washers. I chase down the little one, scoop him up ,come back and look down to see that the sand art is no longer art - just a big brown mess. I felt awful. Hannah cried the entire way home but thankfully was understanding and okay by the time we got there. I was very proud of her coping skills. Phew!That night we tried out a little mom and me class at my sister's Little Gym. Hannah started out with us, but couldn't resist the urge to tumble on the equipment. She was told to go in the waiting room. Luke loved to walk across the mid-height beam and jump off into the "green square". He loved to roll over the octagon mats and play on the p-bars. I'm definitely going to enroll him there in the fall. It's perfect because he can explore and not interfere with other classes going on. He can participate in the organized activities but isn't forced to do so.


WEDNESDAY:
Last night was interesting (and frustrating!). Luke did his infamous "I'm not going to go down for you, Mommy" routine. He fought bedtime - carrying on for almost 2 hours straight. I'd go in and soothe, pat, then once I'd leave and he'd get all worked up again. Poor Hannah - her reading time had many interruptions and was ultimately cut short. Oh well, "Ramona and her Father" isn't really my favorite...the book is about two sisters who try to get their unemployed father to quit smoking. This must have been a theme in 1977, when the book was originally written? Anywhoo...I got Hannah to bed and took a shower, sure enough Luke is still crying. Seriously? So I decide to get him out of bed, walk him around the house so he can see that everyone is asleep. We called Daddy who talks to him for a bit, I laid him down, put the phone by his ear, Michael said good night and that was it! Craziness! Before I headed to bed at 11:00, I woke Hannah up to go to the bathroom. On the way back to her bedroom she turned and did a forward roll, got up and went back to bed. I have never seen anything like it! Gymnastics while sleeping? That is so Hannah!
THURSDAY:
Today was a neat day...headed down to Casa Linda UMC with our church staff to read to the kids who attend the summer camp for program Project Transformation. I was nervous being 30 minutes away from the kids - Hannah in Allen at camp and Luke in Plano at church. So my sweet (and very pregnant friend), Julie was "on call" in case someone needed to get to them right away. After drawing flowers with 1st and 2nd graders and then reading with 4th grader Diego, we had a FABULOUS Italian lunch at Rev. Mike's house on the way back. These kids were amazing - many came from families for 6 or more siblings, most were bilingual and all were soooo smart!
One more night and one more day until my better half arrives home. We'll see what fun the next 24 hours brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment