Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jenna's Sip and See

Our friends of almost 10 years, Wayne and Julie, welcomed their 3rd child to their family on August 16th! We were so excited to learn it was a girl (although we all knew it would be)! Some ladies from our Sunday School class hosted a "sip and see" at my house. Definition: an open house to meet the baby and eat lots of yummy food. It was a great group effort and we had so much fun with the pink!

Erin and Erica made these delicious cupcakes and cute bunny picks. (How I wish I could take credit for these!)


Virginia made the lime punch and brought over her punch bowl set. Awesome!


Eileen out did herself with all the food...veggies, cheeses, fruit, dips...


I originally planned on decorating with primary colors and gingham prints to match the invitations we made. However, this was before we knew it was a girl (Julie doesn't find out the gender of her babies or so we thought...long story...anywhoo....). After Jenna was born I struggled to find decor that worked for a girl in primary colors. But then I found these cute, apple green/pink polka dot plates at Hobby Lobby and used that as the inspiration! I bought some inexpensive wooden cut out letters, painted them hot pink and hung them from ribbon on the mantle along with some itty bitty onesies. I made the diaper cake above and used the same ribbon and topped it with a plush doll. Every little girl needs a doll! Finally, I bought some coordinating polka dot scrapbook paper and adhered it to a wooden frame also painted apple green. I painted another 'J' cutout letter the same green and glued it on just to tie it all together. I couldn't help it - too fun!


Here are the pics from the party....Welcome to the world Jenna Diane!



Group shot - missing a few that couldn't stay the entire time :(

I think she's secretly always wanted a girl! Look at that smile!

The entertainment portion of the afternoon (gift opening)

Erica and Jenna

Julie, Virginia, Angie (also expecting #3)

No comments: