I never got around to blogging our vacations - a weekend get away to Boston (tagged on to M's work trip) and our 10th anniversary trip to Maui . Boston in August was a much needed weekend away from reality and the scorching TX heat. Maui was a dream vacation - one we'd been hoping for for years. My parents graciously gave us a week at their time-share and we were able to use frequent flyer miles to get there. What a blessing to have had the experience!
I've run into a few people I hadn't seen in a while and they have asked about our Hawaii trip. It's funny b/c I have this overwhelming sense of happy/sad nostalgia. It's crazy how much I miss it! The water, the fresh air, the food, even the smells....ahhh, getting sad again....
Our favorite sites in Boston were Fenway Park, The Freedom Trail and Mike's Pastry. The seafood there was delicious and we loved trying to talk like the locals. For weeks after we got home we were talking like Bostonians and even had our 2 year old repeating, "Let's go get in the caw" and "Hi, Howaya?". LOL!
We covered a lot of ground this trip. We were tourists to the fullest extent. I attempted to make a "movie" of our pictures. It was too hard to choose which photos to post. :)
Maui was an adventure! We mixed it up over our 7-8 day stay - plenty of time relaxing at the beach/resort, eating at as many recommended places as possible, snorkeling at Molokini, Black Rock and Honolua Bay, a Luau, a helicopter tour, sunrise atop Mt. Haleakala and bike ride down, shopping and site seeing. We opted not to drive the Road to Hana after hearing of others' not-so-enjoyable experiences. I think our favorite part of the trip was snorkeling and just seeing all the amazing beaches. I also loved spending time with Michael uninterrupted - no routines, no cleaning up after anyone, no sibling arguments - just peace and tranquility!
The pictures don't do Maui's beauty justice. Here's our trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment