Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcoming Baby Holden

I had a great time hosing a sweet baby shower for my little sis back in May. Julianna and Neal are expecting their first baby, a boy, on or before July 13th. I'm thrilled to become an aunt and excited that the kids will have a buddy who lives right down the street. Hoping they become more than just cousins... the best of friends.

Every party needs some decorations...

I went with a turquoise and brown color scheme. I originally had letters to spell the baby's name across the mantle, but the day before the shower, they decided they didn't want to finalize the name yet so I went to plan B. My MIL, Charline helped me figure out the best way to layout the clothes and use the 'H' (for Holden - the last name). I thought it turned out pretty cute considering the only thing I purchased was the letter and ribbon. The clothes hanging were bought for baby Wilkins and came from his nursery. :)


This is the diaper cake that Juli's friend, Amanda made. Isn't it adorable? The bear on top is holding some handmade burp cloths also made by Amanda. Gosh, I wish I could take credit for this. We put it on the coffee table so it was front and center!

And every party needs some munchies, or in this case some lunch....

I picked up some chicken salad and yeast rolls from a local market cafe. I added some deli meat, cheese and sandwich veggies. Thank goodness for all of my helpers. Charline saved the day again and figured out the best way to arrange the food and which dishes to use. My mom helped me out too (keep in mind I was almost 9 months pregnant) and she made a yummy pasta salad. Another friend of Julianna's pitched in with a fruit salad. It was the perfect meal for an almost summer day.


I purchased these coordinating cupcakes and cake balls from 'Hands On Cakes'. Very tasty and very pretty!

Eating and chatting - women are really good at this!


And the entertainment....


Julianna has always LOVED scrapbooking so I got a little kit, added some supplies I had on-hand and set up the dining room for a mini crop. Everyone made a page and included a personal note and a photo or two. This was a way to forego the traditional baby shower games that my sister didn't want and also give her friends another chance to visit and reminisce. Here we all are (including the kiddos) working away.

And of course the best part...the gifts...




Julianna opening her presents. She was so happy and looked so pretty!

Welcome baby Holden! We all can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

Randy and Amanda said...

You are an amazing hostess! Thank you again for opening up your gorgeous home.