Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Celebrating My Mom

My Mom hit a big milestone last month. We celebrated her 60th birthday here in Allen and packed in as much as we could over the too-short weekend. After the kids had their bluebonnet photo (post in the works), we all went for an early lunch at Uncle Julio's. Julianna brought Mom some beautiful roses but had to come solo since Neal took Levi to the dr. for an ear infection. :( After lunch we hit Celebration Park so the grandparents could watch their soccer diva play defense and score a goal in their honor. :) After the big game, we headed home to open gifts and eat cake. The Holden's were able to join us and it was neat to all be together and celebrate. For her "big gift" Julianna and I emailed and mailed her friends and loved ones and collected cards and sentiments to put together in a scrapbook. I knew mom loved the color yellow (but now her favorite color is purple - guess I got it wrong. LOL) so I purchased coordinating scrapbook paper in yellows and blacks. I forgot to take a picture of finished product, but it turned out cute - thanks Sis for putting it all together in less than a day (and no thanks to me for deciding to do a scrapbook literally the week before). I ordered a cake from Sam's and tried to incorporate the color theme in the cake and a few decorations. I made a poster with some pictures of us all from the last year and hung it on the mantle with some yellow and silver ballons (again, forgot to take a pic). It was all very simple but festive (I hope). After the party, Mom and Dad went to the Holden's house for a surprise visit from a family who bought one of her shelties a few years ago. We had plans to go to a movie just the 4 Davises, but we were all wiped by 5 pm (even with a rest/nap we couldn't muster the energy to go out again). But we'll give Mom a pass this time, she is 60 after-all. Ha ha!

After lunch

My sweet parents

Ryan loves to give kisses and loves his Nana!

Hannah's game

Cake was yummy! Hannah set the table. I tried to give some tips but only got so far as to showing her how to lay out the forks. :) You know Hannah - she likes to take charge.

Nana with Ryan who loves to stand.

Nana entertaining a sick Levi. He was such a trooper tolerating us all when he felt so lousy!

Not sure if Ryan is waving her or reaching for me, but he enjoyed hanging out with his aunt, uncle and cousin.

My mom is such a sweet, loving, caring person. She sees the beauty in everything and is so passionate about what is important to her. She's smart and sharp, always up for something new and can do anything she sets her mind to. She's the most committed and supportive person I have ever known. She will love you and do anything for you. She is an amazing nurse and wife, mother and grandmother. She's come through challenges in her life and has turned those experiences into positives. She's an inspiration to me that love is kind and perseveres. 60 years and so much to look forward to! Love you, Mommy!




No comments: