Monday, January 14, 2013

White Christmas

This post is out of order, but wanted to share our White Christmas pictures sooner rather than later  (yes, I'm a slow poster.  It will take me a few weeks to update Christmas).

The weather forecast predicted snow and when I got out of the shower around 2 pm, it was coming down pretty hard. We debated whether we should tell the kids (and interrupt their rest time) or wait it out. We decided to wait and I had some real mommy guilt over it. My kids LOVE the snow and I didn't want them to miss it, BUT Christmas morning came early and we all needed our turtle time. Luke never stays in his room for more than 30-45 minutes at a time so when he came out to get something from the playroom, he noticed it right away. He yelled, "IT'S SNOWING!!! IT'S SNOWING!!!" Hannah burst out of her room and they screamed and ran downstairs. We bundled them up and they had a blast.  I even got out there - only because it was Christmas.  I'm personally not a fan of snow, but this was all about the kids.

First look at "no" (snow)

We pulled out the snow gear thanks to our trip to CO last March.  We let Hannah's friend borrow her snow boots so she wore her sneakers.

Ready, Set, Play!

Still snowing hard

In heaven

Keeping mittens on a toddler is almost as difficult as keeping band-aids on.  I finally figured out to put long socks on his hands and then the mittens.  He was sooo cold but he REFUSED to stay inside.


All smiles

Happy girl

First taste

The view from our front yard

The good stuff

Joy

The day after Christmas snow fort

Bosley was not a fan of the white stuff 

No comments: