I have a new project - well, let's rephrase that, I have hired someone to complete my new project. We are having the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs painted before we switch Hannah's room and move the baby stuff into the nursery. I have never hired painters before so hopefully this will be a good experience!
A few weeks ago in chapel at work, a staff member talked about important love moments in our lives. We each got up and shared one. One of my recent love moments was when Hannah made me breakfast in bed. Her Daddy helped her get it all ready while I slept in. What a fun way to wake up - reading love notes and feeling pampered by my thoughtful daughter.
It's funny how Valentine's Day takes on less importance around here as the years go on. I ran out the day before and got the kids some little gifts. Fortunately, I had made cupcakes a few days prior and we did go out to Yogurtville for BOGO free night. Here are the kids opening their gifts. They were so excited!
Hannah is experiencing some firsts this week. WE FINALLY HAVE A LOOSE TOOTH! She is ecstatic and couldn't be happier. She keeps talking about how she can make it come out - eating corn on the cob, putting dental floss around it and tying it to a closing door, brushing it. She is our resident tooth expert. She can't quit wiggling it - kinda cute, but it's getting kinda annoying. :) This week we are working on the invention project. One morning on the way to school she came up with several ideas - all very interesting. After discussing the pros and cons of a robot bird that gets the mail, an earring selector, a machine to keep dogs alive, a snowball maker, a stuffed animal making machine, a diaper changing machine ("not appropriate" for school), she settled on a family drink machine. We'll be working on a prototype and presentation this weekend. Will post more later. I think her parents are having just as much fun with this one. :) Another first today was riding her bike without her training wheels. Sure enough it's not Michael or I teaching her this skill, but the older neighborhood friends, Emily and Arshad. She needs a lot of practice still, but she has made up her mind she's ready to learn and I'm sure it won't be long before she's riding around without any trouble.
Little boy Luke is really growing up and developing so fast - it's hard to believe. We are on the 5th day of no poo accidents - every day he's using the potty! I can not tell you how happy this makes me! It's been a long 3 months of dealing with dirty underpants. He's really figuring it out. He stopped during outside play time to tell me he needed to go poo poo in the potty. We had our first real dentist appointment this week and he was so brave. Last time we did a "sit and see" and he would barely stay in the chair. This time they were able to exam and clean his teeth. He was so cute making the "eee" and "ahhh" sounds, however he couldn't quite get his mouth to stay open the way the hygenist wanted. They will attempt to get xrays on his next visit. Also this week we have noticed an explosion in his conversation skills - he's coming up with more spontaneous play - still nothing too imaginative but it's unprompted and makes sense. I love to hear him talking to himself acting out little scenarios. He has new little sayings. He told me yesterday when I was hurrying him in the car that "I needed to calm down". Hmmm? I wonder where he's heard that before? He tries to convince me that we should do something (such as play the Wii or go ride on the "wee stairs" aka an escalator) by ending his request with, "wouldn't that be fun?". It makes me so proud to see his language skills developing since it's been a concern for the past year. Lastly, Luke has officially entered the "I adore my Daddy because he's a boy too" phase. So far he's not too clingy and whiny for him, but he probably asks where his Daddy is ten or more times per day. It melts my heart when he cuddles up next to him whether it's at the dinner table or in the middle of a wrestling session. Unfortunately for Michael, if Luke wakes up at night upset, only his Daddy can soothe him. Never a dull moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment