Well, low and behold the blizzard hits us again and today we had our 5th day at home. All I can say is that this is getting O-L-D!!! I'm so thankful that my job is so flexible and I can be home with the kids, thankful Michael is not flying around the country for work right now, BUT it sure would be nice to return to our normal routine.
This is what we did to pass the time:
1. Crafts - watercolors, glitter glue, stickers, jewels, markers, foam paper, stamps, paper snowflakes, valentines, and scrapbooking. Hannah finished her 100th Day of School poster and I reorganized the craft boxes/pantry area
2. Wii - bowling (kid's favorite), baseball, tennis (my favorite), golf
3. Toys - Lego's, airplanes, musical instruments, tools, Memory, Operation - pretty much any game we own - marble run, blocks, play dough and books
4. Cooked - Michael made salmon, I made soup from a pre-cooked pork tenderloin and whatever I could find in the pantry, and baked monkey bread and cookies with the kids
5. Hide and Seek
6. Tackle Daddy and Cuddle with Mommy (and Baby)
7. Chores, Chores, Chores! I cleaned the house - dusted, mopped, bathrooms - the whole bit! Reorganized Hannah's room and did all the laundry
8. TV/DVDs/On Demand/pbskids.org
9. One day the kids sled down the driveway on plastic bin lids with their Daddy and got out various "tools" to play with in the snow. Video on our new Flip, will add here once we figure out how to transfer. :)
10. On Wednesday we had to venture out to the pediatrician to get Luke checked out. He had been running a fever off and on since Saturday and was just off. He would have meltdowns over every little thing - it was crazy! Sure enough he had an ear infection so I was grateful we got him on antibiotics. Since he was feeling good, fever free and not contagious, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A on our way home and met our friends there for a little playtime/mommy time. Half of Marion Elementary was there it seemed. I decided to let Hannah invite her girlfriend over for the afternoon. They seemed so happy to have someone to play with besides their little brothers!
Here are some snow pics, most are from the VERY FIRST snow day we had in January.
Well, we survived. Although we probably watched too much TV, were a little grumpy with each other and didn't get to the pedicures or forts we planned, it was truly a blessing to spend quality/uninterrupted, family time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment