Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Captain Luke's 4th Birthday Party

Special Birthday Boy!

Ready to paarrtaay! Argh!

Luke's birthday party this year was pirate dress up party. It was so much fun to plan and there were so many creative possibilities. My friend, Mariah, stages parties so she had a pirate package customized for Luke. I planned the party around the printables that included signs, toppers, invitations, pennant banners, etc. Everything was made by hand with love and personalized use for Luke. Coming off of Ryan's baptism, and then Thanksgiving, this event required more effort than I had planned. And did I go a little overboard for 11 three and four year-olds? Yes, probably. Will I do it again? Yes, but the kids only get two "all out" parties at home - when they turn one and when they turn four. :) In the end, it was was totally worth it! It was so important to me that Luke enjoy everything and have fun with his little friends. I was so worried that he wasn't going to be into it, especially since the day before the party he told me he wanted a party with just me. I think he was tired of me fussing over all of the details. Nonetheless, I feel we met our objective. Lots of laughter and giggles in the house that morning.

The fun was in the details of the decorations:

The cake table without all of the juice boxes out and a falling down pennant banner but you get the idea! LOL!

I had this adorable photo of Luke from a few months ago and took it to Target to put on a cake. I typically don't like the photograph cakes but this one was pretty darn cute!

I made chocolate cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing. Love how the toppers turned out. These were fun to make with the circle and scallop punches.

Goodie bags made from brown paper bags in my pantry. They contained a compass, chocolate covered gold-a-blooms, and tattoos. The kids also received piñata candy, and a party hat and foam eye patch.


One of the fun posters that came with the package.

I had extra toppers so I hung them from the chandelier with jute rope. This made it the room a little more casual.

Pirate Booty and pretzel snack boxes.

I set up an area in the entry way for the kids to put on eye patches, party hats and tattoos when the came in.


Each child was given a treasure map and we hid these little treasure boxes for them to find with the map. Inside the boxes were Hannah's old dress up jewelry and gold coins. I tried to split the kids into two teams and I had two sets of maps of the house. But they didn't understand the instructions so we went to plan B..."someone quick, go hide this box upstairs."

Mantle Pennant Banner and Sign. It fit perfectly. :) Made me happy!

The place was hopping with sweet friends and family playing:

He's so stinkin' cute in that hat!

Justin and Luke

Left Eye Levi. He even has a little smirk going.

Walking the Plank


Luke was proud of his cake with his pirate picture on it. This year he was a pro at blowing out the candles.

Going on a Treasure Hunt

My attempt at a group picture except we are missing Travis and Carson here.

Precious Tristyn taking her turn at the Jolly Roger piñata. The kids loved this - Michael dropped the piñata down from the second story.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAPTAIN LUKE! HOPE YOU REMEMBER THIS PAARTAY WITH FOND MEMORIES, I KNOW I WILL! LOVE YOU MUCH!

1 comment:

Juli Holden said...

Great job, mom! I hope that someday I can host a party as cool as Luke's! :)