
Luke and his silly "cheese" face that makes us laugh.

In his fireman get-up
1. Always randomly asking, "Do you eat din mom?" Took us a while to figure out that "din" is a mixture of mud and dirt.
2. Laughs and says "it's disgusting!" when he sees something yucky.
3. "I can't like it!" This phrase is most often heard at the dinner table along with a whiny voice.
4. He loves to play Daddy's ipad and has learned that he has a good chance of playing it if he uses his manners and sweet voice.
5. Luke has had a MAJOR bowling obsession that started in late February and finally died down in May. When we had our snow week the kids played a lot of Wii bowling which started it all. We had an old bowling set that was kept outdoors and this became the next step, then we took him bowling for Michael's birthday, then Julie gave him a 1 inch bowling pin that he frequently reminded us, "it's not Justin's pin, it's mine." He would find things shaped like bowling pins and point them out to us. He even pretended to be a bowling pin. Such a funny phase it was! But so glad it's over...
6. Luke is very sensitive and concerned about other's feelings. He asks me often, "are you happy mom?" If I don't give an overwhelming positive response, he will make this little flirting chirping noise to make me smile.
7. He is very interested in distinguishing boys vs. girls including things that are not gender specific. Then to make sure whatever it is really is a boy, he confirms by asking if he has a wee-wee.
8. Luke loves, loves, loves to be around boys especially older boys. He thinks they are all his friends. He just doesn't understand that he can't really play with the 10 year old brothers at sister's soccer practice. :)
9. A favorite game is the opposite game - he asks a question, we answer then he refutes saying the opposite, "no it's not...it's not big, it's little." Or if it's a day to go to childcare at church and not school he'll insist it's a school day.
10. One day in the car he unbuckled his seat belt while driving so I had to pull over and I made the mistake of telling him he was "bad" rather than his behavior being bad. For several weeks following he would randomly say, "I'm a bad boy!" Poor kid, I was glad when he finally let this one go - thought I had scarred him for life.
11. One afternoon he was getting wound up about something so I told him to calm down and he said, "No! I'm not calming down, I'm calming up!!!"
12. He caught on that Grandpa's name is "Bill" so now he refers to him as "Bill" and sometimes calls his Grandma "Charline" and his Gramps "Johnny". Even funnier is when he calls me "babe" which he's heard Michael call me.
11. One afternoon he was getting wound up about something so I told him to calm down and he said, "No! I'm not calming down, I'm calming up!!!"
12. He caught on that Grandpa's name is "Bill" so now he refers to him as "Bill" and sometimes calls his Grandma "Charline" and his Gramps "Johnny". Even funnier is when he calls me "babe" which he's heard Michael call me.
13. I told him it was time to go upstairs and get dressed. His response was, "I don't get dress, I'm a boy!" Again, he's all boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment