Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sick Day, Silly Sayings

Hannah is home from school today - she was sent home yesterday with 101 fever. Overnight it spiked to 103 and a sore throat developed. A trip to the doctor today confirmed strep. :( Poor girl!

But she is such a trooper and knows how to put a positive spin on things. This morning she realized it was Luke's day to go to school so she gets her mommy all to herself or "girl time" as she called it. All morning long she asked me for updates on her class..."What are they doing now..specials? Is it lunch time? Is school out yet?" Early this morning I went up to the school for a volunteer breakfast. I told her how I talked to her teacher and two of her friends - it must be hard for her to be out of the loop. She loves being a Marion Maverick! Later, on the way to the doctor, I asked her again what was hurting (b/c you know something new hurts every time you ask a 5 year old). She says, "...my throat hurts and it's infecting my arm." LOL! On the way to the pharmacy we were talking about what she wants to be when she grows up. I hope she'll choose to be a teacher or a SLP, although I'm pretty sure she's born to be an attorney. Her current occupation aspiration is to to be a "doctor astronaut". She says, "When the astronauts get space sick, I can send them down to earth." What an imagination! Oh, how I love these one-on-one car conversations.

This afternoon her fever is down to about 100 and she ate a little lunch. Now we throw out the toothbrushes, disinfect (thankfully the house cleaners were here yesterday) and hope that Luke doesn't get it. But my money is on the fact that he'll start showing symptoms on Saturday. Kids and germs! Ugh!

No comments: