Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ramona the Pest

Hannah was chosen to be on the announcements this morning to review the book, Ramona the Pest. She did a GREAT job! Her confidence always amazes me. Michael, Luke and I went to the school and watched her from the classroom. She made one little mistake when she said the illustrator's last name as her classmate's last name. It threw her off for a moment but she recovered quickly and said everything she intended to say. Her classmates gave her a big round of applause when she returned to her room. She was very proud and so were we!




Script: "Hi, my name is Hannah Wilkins. I am in Mrs. Sylvester's class. I am recommending the book, Ramona the Pest - written by Beverly Clearly and illustrated by Tracey Dockray. I think this book is a rock and roll read because she is a girl just like me, she is in kindergarten just like me and she is a good sport just like me. I give this book 5 drumsticks."

After school, she insisted on letting her friend, Meghan, borrow the book. I love how she's always eager to make her friends happy. She has such a generous, giving spirit. We really appreciate Mrs. Sylvester giving her this opportunity and making a wonderful memory!!!